Simpson’s Flour Mill building
Three-storied flour mill, built 1866 by Smith and Agar for David Simpson.
The old stone flour mill is the main museum building. It houses galleries telling the story of the Australian wool industry in the ‘inside country’. The focus is on the wool shed, and the skills and trades of the workers in the industry, moving to the lifestyle of the wool growers over time, and on the impact the industry has had on the environment.